Meet Drew Morrison
I’m a registered social worker with a passion for helping youth, adults, parents and families create new paths in life. I have been a licensed clinical social worker since 2008. My clinical experience includes outpatient community mental health, and over 12 years in the public school system as a school social worker and special education school adjustment counsellor. In these positions I provided specialized support, intervention, and assessment for children, adolescents, and their families from kindergarten through grade 12 and beyond.
My years of experience in social work and clinical practice have given me a unique perspective with which to understand the myriad of challenges faced by children, parents, and families. Often times, these challenges can stop our stories from turning out the way we want them to, or cause us to get lost along the way.
I’m here to help.
As a married father of three, I know that life can be busy and challenging, and I understand the day to day challenges of trying to raise happy and healthy children. But that doesn’t mean you can’t get more of what you want in life, and less of what you don’t. Together, we can identify areas for growth and build empowering skills for you to have at your disposal as you continue on your journey.
Like many psychotherapists, I use an integrated approach that combines elements of multiple techniques, including (but not limited to): Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Narrative, Solution-Focused, Person-Centered, and Positive Psychology. The approach I use is always client-centered and aligned with clients’ specific needs, preferences, and goals.
Education and Credentials
- Master of Social Work – Salem State University, Salem MA USA (2008)
- LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker) in MA, USA: #115908 (2010)
- RSW (Registered Social Worker, Ontario): #830610
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) certification, Wilfrid Laurier University (2021)
- CASW (Canadian Association of Social Workers)
- OASW (Ontario Association of Social Workers)
- 15 years clinical experience (including outpatient community mental health, school social work and special education adjustment counselling)